✔ Are available
4.2 (14 rated)
Buy Bactrim Online 400 mg 960 mg over the counter
Shelf life: until 11.2023
Manufacturer: Cipla Limited / Nicholas Piramal India Ltd.
Active Ingredient: sulfamethoxazole, trimethoprim
In Stock (31 packs)
What is Bactrim?
The drug Bactrim is a synthetic combined antibiotic against gram-negative and gram-positive microorganisms. Includes medicine sulfonamides and trimethoprim. Tablets are used to treat infectious diseases and have a wide range of effects.
The therapeutic effect of the drug determines the pharmacology of the main components of sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim. They have an antibacterial effect, destroy the virus of the intracellular membrane, accelerate the synthesis of folic acid, the metabolism of the nucleotide sequence. Thanks to a combination of basic substances, the effect of the drug increases.
Pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics
After oral use, the drug is absorbed by 90% within 1-4 hours, reaches a therapeutic effect after 7-8 hours. It is evenly distributed in the body, crosses the placenta, milk, and the blood-brain barrier (BBB).
High concentration in the lungs, kidneys. The smallest accumulation occurs in sputum, vaginal secretion, prostate, middle ear, cerebrospinal fluid, bile, joints and bones, cornea, mother’s milk, tissue fluid.
Connection with blood proteins sulfamethoxazole – 66%, trimethoprim – 45%. It leaves the body by the kidneys up to 80% for 3 days, a small amount – by the intestine.
The elimination half-life is up to 12 hours, in babies, depending on the age category, children under 12 months – 7-8 hours, from a year to 10 years – 5-6. In patients with impaired renal function, in old age, the time of exit from the body increases.
Indications for use
- ENT system: rhinitis, tonsillitis, tonsillitis, laryngitis, sinusitis.
- Lower respiratory tract: tracheitis, bronchitis, pneumonia.
- Gastrointestinal diseases: infections of the intestines, stomach, liver, cholera.
- Pathologies of the urinary sphere, kidneys, bladder, uterus, prostate, cystitis, urethritis in acute, chronic form, pyelonephritis.
- Specific diseases: brucellosis, actinomycosis, nocardiosis, mycetoma, intestinal pathologies.
Bactrim tablets and suspension have a number of limitations:
- Individual intolerance to some components.
- Acute liver disease, hepatitis, cirrhosis.
- Pathology of the kidneys, failure.
- Anemia (anemia), a lack of folic acid.
- Low platelet count in blood plasma.
- Blood diseases, leukemia.
- Pregnancy, lactation.
Before use, you must inform your doctor if you have any ailments.
Instructions for use
It is used in children over 12 years old and adults.
- Dosage in the amount of 2 tablets per day.
- High dosage in severe cases 3 tablets per day.
A course of treatment
The duration of acute infectious diseases is at least 5 days. In the absence of a therapeutic effect, after 7 days it is necessary to inform the doctor, it is recommended to change the daily dose or change to another antibiotic.
Syphilis (soft chancre). For 7 days, drink 1 tab. x 2 times. If there is no healing of the affected area of the skin, the treatment is extended for another 7 days.
Urogenital infections in uncomplicated form – a single use of 2-3 pills at bedtime is recommended. The dosage is determined by the gynecologist.
Some conditions, chronic diseases may worsen when using Bactrim. Before drinking the medicine, you need to consider all conditions of use.
- In old age, against the background of a lack of folic acid, leukopenia and thrombocytopenia often develop. People over 65 should take the medicine under the supervision of a doctor.
- Prolonged use of the medication can lead to a violation of the liver, kidneys, and blood counts.
- During treatment, the patient should consume a sufficient amount of fluid to avoid dehydration.
- When using drugs of other groups, the patient informs the attending physician.
- It is forbidden to use Bactrim to pregnant, lactating mothers. Breast milk for the recovery period is replaced by artificial mixtures.
- It is advisable for people with a high concentration of attention, as well as drivers, to abandon the activity for a while due to possible side effects – dizziness, migraine.
- In parallel with the antimicrobial agent, it is necessary to take probiotics, you can use bifidum bactrim, bactisubtil to prevent dysbiosis.
- Digestion: nausea, diarrhea, vomiting, inflammation in the oral cavity, toxic hepatitis, enterocolitis.
- Skin: allergy, rash, itching, urticaria, anaphylactic shock.
- Hematopoiesis: leukopenia, lowering the level of platelets, neutrophils.
- Genitourinary: impaired renal function, candidiasis.
- CNS: irritability, fatigue, psychosis, neuropathy.
- Musculoskeletal system: pain in muscles, joints.
If side effects occur, it is necessary to stop taking the antibiotic, inform the attending physician, it is advisable to change the dosage or completely replace the drug with another antibiotic.
With an excessive increase in the daily norm of the drug or an incorrectly selected dose, there may be signs of intoxication.
- deterioration of the liver, kidneys;
- changes in blood structure.
The patient urgently needs to stop taking the medicine, empty his stomach, make an enema, consult a specialist. The treatment is symptomatic.