✔ Are available
4.2 (16 rated)
Buy Chloramphenicol antibiotic 500 mg 250 mg online over the counter
Shelf life: until 01.2024
Manufacturer: Alkem Laboratories Ltd (Cytomed) / Ind-Swift Laboratories Ltd.
Active Ingredient: Chloramphenicol
In Stock (36 packs)
What is Chloramphenicol?
Chloramphenicol is a drug with an antibacterial, bacteriostatic effect.
Indications for use
- an abscess of cerebral tissue;
- paratyphoid, dysenteric infection;
- wound infection with purulent discharge;
- typhoid fever;
- inguinal lymphogranuloma;
- diseases associated with yersinia / meningococcus; brucellosis;
- urinary tract infection;
- infectious lesions of the biliary system;
- purulent peritonitis;
- rickettsia-associated infectious diseases.
- kidney disease with severe impairment of their function;
- skin diseases associated with fungal infection;
- acute form of intermittent porphyria;
- severe liver disease;
- diseases of the blood;
- glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency;
- early childhood;
- neonatal period;
- breastfeeding (parenteral and oral forms of the drug);
- individual intolerance to the components of the drug.
Diseases and conditions in which Chloramphenicol is used with caution:
- diseases of the cardiovascular system;
- a tendency to develop allergic reactions;
Instruction for use
Tablets and capsules are taken orally 30 minutes before meals. In patients with nausea or vomiting, the drug should be taken after 1 hour after eating. The daily dose is 2-4 g, divided into 4 doses.
The daily (single) dose for children under 3 years of age is determined based on the calculation of 0.01-0.015 g per 1 kg of body weight; at the age of 3–8 years – 0.15–0.2 g per 1 dose; children aged 8 years and older – 0.6–1.2 g per day.
The duration of treatment is 7-10 days, with normal drug tolerance, it can be increased to 14 days.
During prolonged therapy with parenteral and oral forms of the drug, tests are necessary to monitor the state of the blood.
The use of liniment for the treatment of cracks in the nipple in nursing mothers does not require cessation of breastfeeding.
In cases of diseases of an infectious nature, chloramphenicol is used only in those cases when the patient has resistance to other antibacterial drugs, since the development of a serious drug can lead to severe toxic reactions.
Since the active substance of the drug easily passes into breast milk, serious side effects may develop in breast-fed infants. It is recommended to consult a doctor regarding the temporary suspension of lactation for the duration of therapy.
- aplastic anemia;
- cardiovascular collapse (in children under the age of 1 year);
- dyspeptic symptoms;
- bouts of nausea, urge to vomit;
- psychomotor disorders;
- a change in consciousness, visual or auditory hallucinations; depressive states;
- hearing impairment;
- visual impairment;
- optic neuritis;
- accession of a fungal infection;
- itching of the skin, urticaria, skin rash;
- hyperemia of the skin;
- angioedema; irritation of the oral mucosa;
- change in taste perception.