✔ Are available
3.8 (7 rated)
Buy Floxin (Ofloxacin) 400 mg 200 mg online over the counter
Shelf life: until 01.2023
Manufacturer: Piramal Enterprise Ltd. / Vikram Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
Active Ingredient: Ofloxacin
In Stock (36 packs)
What is Floxin?
Floxin is an antimicrobial drug with a wide spectrum of bactericidal action from the group of fluoroquinolones.
Indications for use
- Prevention of infections in patients with impaired immune status (including neutropenia);
- Respiratory tract infections: pneumonia, bronchitis;
- Infections of ENT organs: laryngitis, otitis media, pharyngitis, sinusitis;
- Infections of bones and joints;
- Infections of the skin and soft tissues;
- Urinary tract infections (urethritis, cystitis) and kidney (pyelonephritis);
- Infectious and inflammatory diseases of the biliary tract and abdominal cavity;
- Infections of the genital organs (epididymitis, orchitis, colpitis) and pelvic organs (prostatitis, parametritis, cervicitis, oophoritis, salpingitis, endometritis).
- Decreased seizure threshold (including after inflammatory processes in the central nervous system, stroke or traumatic brain injury);
- Glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency;
- Epilepsy (including a history);
- Tendon damage in previous quinolone therapy (tablets);
- Age up to 18 years (since skeleton growth is incomplete); Pregnancy;
- Period of breastfeeding;
- Hypersensitivity to the components of the drug.
Relative (must be used with extreme caution, since there is a likelihood of complications):
- Cerebral arteriosclerosis;
- Disturbances of cerebral circulation (in the anamnesis); Chronic renal failure;
- Organic lesions of the central nervous system; Lengthening the QT interval on the electrocardiogram (tablets).
Instruction for use
The tablets are taken orally, whole, before or during meals, washed down with water. It is important to prevent the simultaneous administration of Floxin with antacids.
The dosage of the drug and the duration of therapy are determined individually depending on the type and severity of the infection, the sensitivity of microorganisms, liver and kidney function, and the general condition of the patient.
The recommended daily dose of Ofloxin is 0.2-0.6 g. The duration of therapy is 7-10 days. A dose of up to 0.4 g per day can be prescribed in one dose (preferably in the morning); more than 0.4 g – should be divided into two doses with the same period of time.
In cases of severe infections and in the treatment of patients with overweight, the daily dose can be increased by 2 times (up to 0.8 g).
In uncomplicated infections of the lower urinary tract, the daily dose of Ofloxin is 0.2 g for 3-5 days.
With gonorrhea, 0.4 g of the drug is prescribed.
- Digestive system: tablets and solution – increased activity of hepatic transaminases, diarrhea, anorexia, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain (including gastralgia), flatulence, pseudomembranous enterocolitis, cholestatic jaundice, hyperbilirubinemia; pills – hepatitis;
- Nervous system: increased intracranial pressure, hallucinations, confusion, depression, phobias, increased irritability, anxiety, psychotic reactions, nightmares, intense dreams, numbness and paresthesias of the extremities, convulsions, tremors, insecurity of movements, dizziness, headache;
- Musculoskeletal system: tablets and solution – tendon rupture, tendosynovitis, myalgia, arthralgia, tendonitis; pills – muscle weakness, rhabdomyolysis;
- Sense organs: imbalance, hearing, smell and taste of diplopia, impaired color perception;
- Cardiovascular system: collapse, vasculitis, lowering blood pressure, tachycardia;
- Allergic reactions: anaphylactic shock, erythema multiforme, Lyell, Stevens-Johnson syndrome, bronchospasm, Quincke’s edema, fever, eosinophilia, allergic nephritis, allergic pneumonitis, urticaria, pruritus, rash, photosensitivity;
- Hemopoietic organs: hemolytic and aplastic anemia, pancytopenia, thrombocytopenia, anemia, agranulocytosis, leukopenia;
- Urinary system: increased blood urea, hypercreatininemia, impaired renal function, acute interstitial nephritis;
- Integuments: tablets and solution – papular rash with a crust, bullous hemorrhagic dermatitis, pinpoint hemorrhages; pills – vasculitis;
- Local reactions: with intravenous administration – thrombophlebitis, redness, pain;
- Other: vaginitis, hypoglycemia (with diabetes mellitus), superinfection, dysbiosis.